mercredi 8 juin 2011

AT43 bits and a Tau army in the making

Well, I couldn't help my self from ordering some AT43 stuff of the net at discount prices. For those not in the know AT43 was a Rackham game. They have now gone bust and the models can be found pretty cheap on the net. Probably like a lot of people I have looked at the Karman army and thort they would make a great auxiliary unit to a Tau army so I've given it some thort and bought the following.





The 4 large vehicles behind will be the Devilfish/Hammerheads, the 3 smaller ones Pirahnas, the two front infantry units made up of three models will be Stealth suits, the 4 units of three gorillas will be crisis suits and finally the 2 groups of two gorillas with double canons on there shoulders will be broadsides. The rest in the top right are left overs to the mused with.
I'm going with a snow/tundra look and will only be doing slight repaints on infantry and complete repaints on the vehicles as they are going to take a lot of converting.
I'll be using GW kits for the main Tau infantry and going with the idea that on ice worlds they use a Gorilla like auxiliary force.
I'm still struggling to come up with a credible alternative for kroots as they just look wrong for a cold climate (wookies?).
I've looked high and low and only found one other person on the net that has done something like this but only converted the gorillas to crisis suits so if anyone has got any extra info, pics or ideas they are more than welcome.





You can see the Broadsides in the background as well as a close up of the Pirahnas. Ill be continuing the shoulder piston things on the crisis gorillas with the Tau infantry and painting them in the same tones. And my Stealth suits don't need a lot of work maybe an antenna and decal?

And for my more generic sci-fi games here are two small forces.

 And



Guess who are the goodies !

On a side note I'll be testing my rule system again some time soon and posting it hopefully...


Ollie

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire